Thursday, July 18, 2013

READ-A-THON!

 This is my stack of books that I want to read for the Read-a-thon (minus the audio book, which you will see below).
 For the Audio Book challenge, I picked Brisingr by Christopher Paolini.  This would be a re-read.  I read this whenever it first came out in 2008.  This audio book is read by Gerard Doyle.  Do not, I repeat:  do NOT, listen to any other audio book reading of any of Christopher Paolini's books.  They are terrible!  The person reading them does not know how to pronounce the words or names at all!  Only listen to the Gerard Doyle audio books, because he actually knows what he's talking about.
Trixie Belden #4: The Mysterious Visitor is for the challenge of reading a book that has been on your shelf the longest that you have not read.
 This is the American Girl Kit Kittredge Collection.  This is for the challenge of completing a series that you have never finished.  I read the first three books when I was about 7 years old, but I didn't have the rest of the books until recently.  My Mom found this at a local antiques and collectibles store, and picked it up, so I could have the complete collection.
 War and Peace is for the 500 page book challenge, and also the Classic book challenge.I am very intimidated by the size of this book, and all the French and Russian!
This last book is for the re-reading challenge.  I wanted to read a small book, because it's faster to finish.  I read this book in less than an hour, because it's only 87 pages.

The rest of the books in the stack at the top are just for the 300 page a day challenge completion.  The Read-a-thon started on July 15th, and ends on July 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!