Thursday, January 23, 2014

Back Before Dark Book Review


Back Before Dark is the second book in the Code of Silence Series.  I loved this book more than the first one, and I LOVED the first one.  I gave the first one 5 Stars (you can read my review of Code of Silence HERE), so have to give this one 6.

So, now, on to what this one is about.  The kids are back, and cooler than ever.  We've got Cooper, Gordy, Hiro, and the guy who was not so nice in the first book, but now is... Lunk!  The first three are age 13, and I believe Lunk is 14.

This is about Gordy getting kidnapped.  That is all I can say without spoiling you.  So, I'll give you some more stuff I loved about the book.  I love how up to date it was.  Like when one of the kids sees a Twinkie, and he thinks, "I have not eaten a Twinkie since the rush to buy them when Hostess was going out of business."  I also like that the book was funny and scary at the same time.

I would recommend this book for people ages 12 and up.  I'm not putting on age limit on the upper end, because I think you could relate to these characters at any age.  The reason I did 12 and up is becuase I think younger kids might not deal very well with the situations involved in kidnapping.  They don't categorize this book as a thriller for nothing.  The book is written by a Christian author, and there are Christian references throughout the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!