Monday, January 20, 2014

Book Review of The Outsiders


The Outsiders is one of my favorite books.  Here is my review from the Summer Reading Program:

This book is so well written. I feel like I know the characters in real life.  I want to hug Johnny, kiss Pony boy, and this is the first, and only, book I have cried over characters' death.  This book is set in the 1960's, with references to Elvis and the Beatles, the time of Greasers and Socs (Socials, or Socialites).  The book begins with Pony Boy coming home from a movie starring Paul Newman.  This is an intense book, a fast read (only 156 pages).  At lot of the story is about the conflict between the lower class and the upper class in small town America.  You will travel back to the time of drive-in movies and soda in glass bottles.  There is never a dull moment, from fights to murder, running from the law, a fire, saving children in danger, and suicide.  That may sound scary, but this story is worth reading again (in fact, I already have read it again.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!