Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Code of Silence Book Review


Code of Silence, by Tim Shoemaker. starts off when 13 year olds Cooper, Hiro, and Gordy are at Frank and Steaks, and the place gets robbed.  One of the robbers sees Cooper, and then the robber steals the key to Cooper's house out of his pocket.  The robbers knock out the owner, putting him in a coma.  Two of the robbers are wearing police uniform pants.

The owner reminds me of Whit from Adventures in Odyssey.  He is a really nice, jolly, Santa Claus-type of guy.  He's very nice to the kids in town, all the kids love him.

The police found Cooper's backpack, sweatshirt, and a school book at the scene of the crime.  Now they are hunting for a kid who must have hurt Frank (the owner of Frank and Steaks).  The three friends don't know what to do. They don't know who really hurt Frank, the robbers might even be police officers since two of them were wearing police uniform pants.  Who can they trust?  "Telling the truth could get them killed.  Remaining silent could be worse." ( quote from back cover of Code of Silence)

This book was very good, awesome in fact!  The story was very interesting and fast paced.  I would give it 5 stars because the characters felt real and the story was very well written.

Something I said after reading this book:  "I care about these people!  I spent over 300 pages with them!" (quote from me, some days ago)

I am extremely excited to pick up the next book in the series, which is titled: Back Before Dark.  I recommend checking these books out.  The 2nd book is already released, unlike most books I read... where I have to wait for the next book in the series to be published!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!