Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Review of Kris's War (formerly titled Code Name Kris) *Updated*


*This book could  (I *think* I read some in it, but it has been a long time, and I don't even have the book any more. I know that book two has language and uses God's name in vain.)  have some language*


This book is set in Denmark, during World War II.  I like the original title, Code Name Kris, because the main character is actually Jesper, but his undercover code name is Kris.  His story is told mostly in flash backs.  We catch up to present day towards the end of the book.

As you can see in the picture of the book, the book is really tattered, and from the sticker that I got it at Goodwill.  Goodwill is a really great place to get books.  I did not damage this one myself (no bathtub reading this time).

This book was really sad.  War is sad. The flash backs start out when Jesper was around 14 years old, and the Nazi's had taken over Denmark.  He gets in with the rebels that are fighting back against the invaders.  One day, on a sabotage mission, the mission goes wrong, and they (including Jesper) get captured.  The group gets rescued, but not before Jesper gets seen by a man who can identify him.  Then Jesper has to go underground, and change his name to Kris. During his time underground, he helps out with the underground newspaper. The underground newspaper was cool to read about, because I already knew about these newspapers from reading a series by Robert Elmer written about WW II in Denmark.

I give this book 5 stars.  It was really well written and enjoyable.  I would recommend this for kids ages 12 and up, because the story was violent and scary (including torture).

3 comments:

  1. Woah dude...I'm getting a book review a day! Are you reading a book a day or are you reviewing stuff you've read recently? : ) Aunt Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just reviewing books I've read recently. I'm almost caught up. I will slow done soon. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!