Sunday, April 20, 2014

Book Haul

Welcome to my very first Book Haul!  These will probably not happen very often, because I don't usually buy a lot of books at the same time.  I happened to be at Mardel, picking up a couple of books as gifts for a birthday party.  I had some money saved up to buy books... and Mardel had some deals I could not pass up (also, my Father volunteered to pay for one of the books... Thanks, Daddy!!).


My Mom suggested this book Risky Business by Nicole O'Dell.  This has two books in one, and they are both "choose your own adventure books".  I always wanted to be able to change the ending when I got mad at a character.  This way I might get mad at myself, but I can just go back and read the other ending.  And Bonus: only $1.00!


The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson caught my eye in the Bargain Book section.  This was only $4.99!  As you can guess by the cover, this is a sort of Snow White re-telling, but there will be a Christian message in here somewhere since it is published by Zondervan, and I bought the book at a Christian book store.


Anomaly by Krista McGee is the book my Dad bought me.  I recently read two books by this author (First Date and Starring Me); I very much enjoyed those books.  Everyone on Instagram said this book was awesome.  I already started reading Anomaly, but I am not sure when I will review this book.  I already went back to Mardel to pick up book two of the trilogy.  Book three comes out later this year.  I may wait to review them until I have all three.


I have already finished Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker.  Rachel Coker is a homeschool student, by the way.  I was pretty excited to read that fact in the author bio at the back of the book.  This book is set in the 60's, her first (and only other, as far as I know) book is set during World War II.  I read this book in three days, and I will have a review up for this book soonish.

I am sorry that I missed blogging the past two Fridays.  Two weeks ago my Grandmother was in town visiting.  This last Friday my family was struck by illness.

I plan to be back on schedule this coming Friday.  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!