Friday, May 23, 2014

Book Haul #2

I know I said these weren't going to happen a lot, but:  Ha, ha, ha, in my face!  Good thing I didn't say never, because I don't even want to think about me not having money for seven years (because I would be spending all my money on new books).

Luminary by Krista McGee, this was mentioned in my other book haul, but it wasn't really part of my 1st Book Haul.  You can read my review of Luminary by clicking HERE.


Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace is the first book in the Betsy Series.  I have read the 2nd, 3rd, and part of the 4th one (I was reading #4 last summer, and kind of forgot about it).  Book #2, Betsy, Tacy, and Tib was a gift from my Mom's cousin, Tracy.  They used to trade books when they were growing up, and since I like many of the same books my Mom liked, her cousin sent me the 2nd book in the series.  The series is based on the author's life growing up at the turn of the century (19th/20th century), but they were written in the 1940's and 50's.  The books start out when Betsy is age 5 and end in her 20's.  For a young girl starting out, it would be neat to start reading at age 5 or 6, and get a new book every year, or two years.  For a nice age progression in comparison to the books, you can check out the Betsy-Tacy Society page.


My Dad was bribing me (I like bribes!!!) to get my Mom to go to Walmart for him, so he offered to buy me a book. Does that man know what I love, or what?  So, this is Mom's Night Out by Tricia Goyer, a novel based on the movie "Mom's Night Out".  I saw the movie, and recommend it.  I laughed... A LOT!  I saw the movie with my Mom, the Friday before Mother's Day.  We attended the movie with my Grandparents (Mom's Mom & Dad), and my former AWANA Leader, and her daughters, who are my friends.  Before I got this book, I bought the novel for my Mother for Mother's Day.  I skimmed her book, and then I wanted one for myself.


The book is the first in the Katie Parker Production Series, called In Between by Jenny B. Jones.  This is the only Jenny B. Jones series, that I have not read.  I consider her one of my favorite authors, so I NEED to read all of her books.  Only two more to acquire, unless she writes another before I have completed these.


Interrupted by Rachel Coker is the first book written by the homeschool author.  I reviewed her 2nd book Chasing Jupiter last month.  That was a fun time, a fun crying time (tears, sobbing noises).  Her books are stand alones, which I want to read more of, because series are too much of a commitment, you know, like marriage. (No offense intended for all the married people.  I hope to be in your ranks someday. (Army Salute!))


You may recognize this book from my previous haul, Chasing Jupiter, by Rachel Coker.  Only this is not the same book. Dunt, dunt, dun.  Well, it has the same story inside, but the 1st book was hard cover, and this one is soft cover.  I am either going to do a giveaway here on my blog, or give this book to a friend.


The Merciful Scar by Rebecca St. James & Nancy Rue.  I have read the Sophie Series, and part of the Lily Series by Nancy Rue.  I have listened to songs by Rebecca St. James.  I would say that makes me qualified to read a book written by both of them, wouldn't you?  This book is about a girl with a cutting problem.  I was choosing between this book and a book a about a girl with an eating disorder.  The one with the eating disorder was a series, and you already know about my commitment problem, so the choice was made.



Destination Unknown by Amy Clipston is the 2nd book I've picked up by this author.  I got the other one at the library.  Amy Clipton's titles are so "let's go on a road trip bro."  The other book was Roadside Assistance, I reviewed that book in March.


You may recognize the author, Krista McGee, I consider her one of my favorites.  I have read all of the books she currently has published, except the one you see pictured above, Right Where I Belong.  You can see by the book mark sticking out the top, that I am making fast work of ending that problem.


The Captive Maiden is the second book I purchased by Melanie Dickerson.  The first book was The Fairest Beauty, and you can see that book in my First Book Haul.  This is another Christian re-telling of a Fairy Tale, and this one is based on Cinderella.  I have read both of these books now, but I do not know when I will review them, because now I want to buy the rest of Melanie Dickerson's novels, and I have SO MANY other books I want to read and review.

If you really want to hear about one, or more, of these books, write a comment.  Otherwise, I'll just do whatever I want.  And, if you want me to do a giveaway for Chasing Jupiter, comment!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to hearing about Right Where I Belong!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers!