Friday, May 9, 2014

Luminary Book Review


Luminary is book two in the Anomaly trilogy by Krista McGee.  WARNING: If you have not read ALL of Anomaly, this review contains SPOILERS, SPOILERS, AND MORE SPOILERS for Anomaly.  If you have read Anomaly, feel free to proceed, but proceed with caution, you don't want to get your toes chopped off! (Laughing Hysterically)  This book is MADNESS!  I need Revolutionary NOW!  Krista McGee is really good at writing cliffhangers.  Which could be a good thing, or a bad thing.

Luminary begins right as Anomaly left off. Literally, not a second has passed.  The great thing when I was reading this book, was that not a second had passed when I opened the next book.

John, Thalli, Berk, and Rhen have escaped from the "State".  They are now on the surface of what was the United States, and on their way to searching for cities that survived the Nuclear War.  Berk, as a Scientist trainee, found out that there were some areas that were still livable on the surface after the bombs went off.
We also find out spoiler, spoiler, spoiler, spoiler (I can't tell you that! They're spoiler, spoiler, spoilers!).  Thalli's faith grows throughout her experiences in this book.  She has a lot of moral dilemmas that she deals with well, because of her new-found relationship with the Designer (aka God).

This book reminded me of the Bible, mainly the surviving city of Athens, because of the evil King, and other things I cannot tell you because they are spoilers.  I gave this book 5 out of 5 STARS.  I recommend this book for ages 12 and up.  If you have not read my review of Anomaly, click HERE for a synopsis of the series, my thoughts, and the review of Anomaly.

Now I'm going to tell you things that are SPOILERS for Luminary, so if you have not read Luminary, and you don't want to be spoiled, QUIT READING NOW!

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Okay, so you're sure you want to read this?  Ready?  Spoiler time!  Duh, nuh, nuh, nuh... (evil laugh).

John dies!  Oh, the tears!  Even though I knew this was going to happen.  Not because I was spoiled, but because my favorite character ALWAYS dies, not matter what, except in one book... but we won't discuss that right now.

Love triangle time:  I was starting to think this series was not going to have a love triangle. And I have other theories about that, but that will be in my next week's blog post on Revolutionary  Theories.  Alex, the Prince, the bad boy, the one that is probably not going to win, but he might, because I am not good at this game of love triangles.  Berk, the young Scientist, who has been saving Thalli since they were like eight years old, or before.  Thalli, of course, makes of the last person in the triangle.

We find out that the Scientists in charge of the State were the ones who released the nuclear bombs.  We
also find out there were fifteen Scientists, but five of them left the State.  Can I tell you how many times I yelled "MADNESS" while reading this book?  I cannot even count!

I love this series.  I am dying for Revolutionary to be released.  This one of the best Christian Young Adult Books series that I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!