Friday, January 9, 2015

2014 Bookish New Years Resolutions Results

It is officially 2015, so here are the results of how I did on my resolutions for last year:

1. Read 150 books (I read 114 in 2013, so I need to up my game!).
-This got changed in the Spring, to 75 books, Why I had it at 150 was because I thought 2014 was going to be a lot less busy year compared to 2013.  I quickly realized, that 2014 was going to be just as busy, or more so, than 2014.  The result is that I read, overall, 100 books.

2. Re-read 20 books.
-I re-read 25 books.  Past my goal!  Whoo-hoo!

3. Read 5 Classics.
-I read over 5 classics, at least 7.  I might have read more, because some books are considered classics, and I don't even realize that fact.

4. Read all of the Lord of the Rings (I've seen all, but the Hobbit, of these movies.  I'll {at least} read most of The Fellowship of the Ring.)
-I finished The Fellowship of the Ring, and I started The Two Towers.  So, I'm saying I half completed this.

5. Review most of the books I read on this blog.
-Now, I didn't do as well as I would have liked on this, but I still did pretty good.  So, I'm saying like 75% on this one.

6. Read all of the books that I own and have not read (I only have 14, but still!).
-I read almost all of the books that I owed when I wrote this post.  I still have like 14, or more un-read books, because I obviously bought more books in 2014.

7. Only buy books that I have read, or know I will love.
-I would say I did pretty good on this.  I only bought one book with my own money that I did not like.  I'd say that's pretty good with reading 100 books (I did not finish that one book).

8.  .... and books in series that I love.
-Completed!

9. Read a lot of the Redwall books (There are a lot of them.  I don't want to force myself to read every one.).
-Complete....FAIL.  I did not read a single Redwall book to it's completion.  In my defense, I did start one.

10. Listen to five audio books.
-I listened to all of The Cat of Bubastes  by G.A. Henty. I re-listened to half of Eldest by Christopher Paolini.  I listened to at least nine chapters of the Pride and Prejudice audio book.  I started to listen to Beric the Briton by G.A. Henty on librivox.org, but the reader could not keep my attention, so I only listened to the Preface and Chapter 1.  I switched to listening to Among the Malay Pirates, also by G.A. Henty, the reader has an great voice, so I will be continuing with the one; the story was already exciting.

11. Get a book related t-shirt.
-I am saying this is practically completed.  I have a blank shirts, transfer paper, and some awesome bookish quotes.  So, I will have more than one book related t-shirt, homemade.

12. Meet an author (I've never met an author).  (I always have opportunities that I miss out on, and it's getting to be an issue.  So, I have to make this a resolution!  So, now I HAVE to do it.) (I just remembered I have met an author, but I've never read his book... so, does this count?  I think not!)
-I think I can now say that I have met an author, but not the way I planned.  The author is my second cousin, who I have spoken about before.  I read her un-edited book.  The comlete/final/edited version should be out this month.  Might do an author interview.  I haven't talked to her about it, but that could be a thing. (What do you say, Tracy?)

-Bonus info:  My Goodreads goal was to read 50 new books, because Goodreads doesn't count re-reads. Disgraceful!  And the books that I read, that I could find to mark on Goodreads, was 67.  The problem with buying old thrift store books is that they are not always on the Goodreads... or even that random book I bought at Walmart that was not on there.  I am now an Official Overachiever.  Okay, maybe not so much, since I completely failed some of my other New Years Resolutions. But In Goodreads Land, I am successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!