Friday, May 22, 2015

Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren Book Review



Cascade, by Lisa T. Bergren, is the second book (of five) in the River of Time series. If you don't know anything about this series, it is a time travel, romance, set mostly in Medieval Italy.  You can read my reveiw of the first book Waterfall, if this sounds interesting.

Casade starts off right where the first book left off, and that 's all I can tell you if you have not read the first book. But if you have read Waterfall, read on.  Soon we are back in time, this time with Gabi, her Sister, and their Mom.  As in the first book, this is very fast pasted, has a lot of battle, and also romance. There are a lot of plot twists that I did not see coming, and I didn't want to stop reading. I had very mixed feelings on the end.  While I was happy for her family, it was just so easy and very predictable. I need more conflict.

This is set in the time of the Bubonic Plague, also called the Black Death. And just so you know, there are still some cases of the Bubonic Plague in the USA every year, to this day! And I GOT SICK the day after I started reading this book. Being the Hypochondriac that I am, I was all like "I have the Bubonic Plague!!!!"

I had a new favorite character in this book, even though my favorite character did not die in the last book.  I like the new characters that were introduced in this book, except for some of the evil ones.  I want to tell you more about these characters, but spoilers, spoilers, spoilers.  I hate being spoiled about the plot of a book, and I won't spoil my blog readers.

I personally think that this book should not be read my anyone under age 13, there is less violence than the last book, but there are make-out sessions, the Plague, and also, plenty of political intrigue that some younger readers might enjoy, and other might find boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!