Friday, June 19, 2015

So Over My Head Book Review

.

So Over My Head, by Jenny B. Jones, is book three in the A Charmed Life Trilogy. If you have not read the first two books in this trilogy, you can read my review of book one, and if you have not read book two, you can read my review of book two. Now, if you have not read book two, or if you have, and you don't want to know anything about book three before you read it, get off this review!  If you don't want to be spoiled for books one and two, plus a bit of book three, STOP reading NOW!

In this book, The Fritz Family Carnival comes to Oklahoma, and with it comes a mystery! Bella and Ruthie get jobs working at the carnival as clowns, so there are no creepy clowns just funny ones!  And that not all, Bella's Dad is getting re-married to a very suspicious lady, and Bella is trying to find out why the lady is so suspicious.

Bella and Ruthie really grow as friends, and I love that they are so good as friends for each other! And they are SO funny together.  Bella and her Dad's relationship has not been very good. In this book they really address that, and work on a better relationship.  I REALLY love that, because some times it's hard to have a good relationship with a family member that has hurt you, even if it was unintentionally.

Now, on to Bella and Luke. I love them as a couple/team, they work really well together.  But sometimes they make me so mad, the way they act with each other.  I just want to yell the fruits of the spirit at them!  Or tell one of them to communicate with the other! But this is how Jenny B. Jones is a great author, she really makes you emotionally invested in her characters. One of the main things with them in this book is that Luke's ex-girlfirend is back in town.  All I can say about that, is that the ex in town causes problems with Luke and Bells's relationship.  I don't want to say any more about that for fear of spoilers (I just found out that there is a name for someone who has a fear of spoilers it's "Spoilephobia" like what? That is crazy!).

The Circus brings Cherry to town.  I love Cherry, she is a great new character that is added in this book.  I love her with Dolly. I also love that she is a Homeschool girl that is not stereotypical, and that is cool!

I'm giving the same recommendation for this book as for the first two books in the trilogy, ages 12 and up (for kissing, scariness with the mystery and relating with the main character).  Warning:  If you read any of Jenny B. Jones books, because of my reviews, I cannot be held responsible for injuries relating to excessive laughing, falling out of chairs, smiling lots (makes your face hurt), and frightening others with boisterous laughter.  Also, don't blame me if you start quoting from the books, or making references that others don't  understand (I feel ya, wo-man.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!