Friday, June 26, 2015

There You'll Find Me Book Review


There You'll Find Me, by Jenny B. Jones, is about Finley Sinclair, age 18.  She is a musician, who plays both violin and piano.  Finley is in her senior year of high school.  She is studying abroad in Ireland, just like her brother Will did when he was her age, before he died.  She is trying to follow Will's travel journal.  She is trying to get over how she was/is feeling about Will's death.  And she is trying to finish her audition peace for the Manhattan Music Conservatory, where she is hoping to get accepted.  She is hoping that in Ireland, she can hear God again.  She also hopes to forget her "party" year.

On her way to Ireland, she meets Beckett Rush, the teenage vampire boy.  He is on his way to Ireland to film his latest vampire movie.  He has not been doing good with his lines, so he hires Finley to run lines with him.  In exchange for running lines, Beckett will show her around Ireland.

So, things sound like they are looking up for Finley, but when she arrives at school, not so much.  She is bullied by mean girls.  And if that is not bad enough, she also has to spend time with an old dying lady for a school project, or she won't graduate.

The description of Ireland in this book made me want to go there even more than I already did.  All that described sounds very serious, and totally is, but this book is still filled with Jenny B. Jones funny.  My favorite funny scene in the book literally made me fall out of my chair laughing (maybe that is why my new favorite place to read is my bed...).  There are only two books that made me fall out of my chair laughing, There You'll Find Me and Paige Torn, by Erynn Mangum; totally worth it!

This book is about grief, bullying, body image issues, and love of all kinds.  There You'll Find Me is in a companion novel duology with Save The Date.  Really, Save The Date is first book of the two, but it's not a big deal if you read this book first.  I read There You'll find Me before I read Save The Date.  There are only three things you get spoiled on if you read There You'll Find Me first.  And my readers know how I hate spoilers.  If you've read this review, you have already been spoiled on one thing (forgive me!).

I love this book!  Jenny deals with all of the intense issues so well!  The story was all so real, and you just relate so much, even if you have not been through all the things Finley has.  You may not have guessed from my review, but this book has plot twists!

I would recommend this book for ages 13+, for kissing, the body image issues,  and the age of the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!