Saturday, July 18, 2015

Top 10 Most Influential Books



1.  The Holy Bible
I try to read the Bible everyday.  It contains all my favorite quotes ever, and all my favorite love stories ever.  It is so historical.  Every word of it is true.

2.  Mystery At The Ski Jump and The Clue Of The Velvet Mask by Carolyn Keene
This was the first Nancy Drew I ever read.  
Mystery books were like all I ever read for years and years and years. 
This is probably where I got my love of mysteries.


3.  Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue by Chuck Black
Lady Carliss was like a knight, and she slayed the dragon. She's all cool.  I really look up to her.  
Also, this series really opened my eyes to Spiritual Warfare stuff.



4.  Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker
The author was really influential in this book.  She was homeschooled, like me.   Her books were published when she was still in high school.  I love the way she wrote the characters.  They were so impactful.  You felt all there emotions, and more.  I really related to the main character, Scarlet, and her family.  

5.  In Front of God and Everybody: Confessions of April Grace by K.D. McCrite
This was the first "Christian" book that I read and was like:  they can be funny and not all formula.
I really related to April Grace and her struggles.  I related to all of her problems, except I didn't have snooty-falutey neighbors living in my house.

6.  Swipe by Evan Angler
Swipe is the best dystopian book I have ever read, and I have read buckets and buckets of them.  When I read this book, I was thinking this could actually happen in the near future.  Instead of thinking, oh, that might happen hundreds of years in the future.  I could be young, not dead, and this stuff could happen.  Also, the series is Biblically sound as you go on through the books.
7.  So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones
After reading In Front of God and Everybody, I had not found another funny Christian book, until this one. This one was perfectly my sense of humor.  The Confessions of April Grace series was just a little off my sense of humor.  Bella was very girly, yet still an awesome mystery solver.  I liked seeing that, because by the time I read this that were like kick-butt girls, with no emotions, that were not girly at all. 

8.  The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson
This was the first book that I wasn't annoyed with the romance.  I wasn't like, "Ah!  Stop being stupid! Ah! Communicate! Ah! Ah!".  Also, Sophie was one of the first characters with very similar traits to me that I had read in a long time.

9.  Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally
This book is all about living for Jesus while you're young, not waiting until you're older and married and stuff.  It's about not obsessing over boys while you're young, but doing meaningful things like serving God and serving others.  There's more to the book, but I plan to write an in depth review on here in the near future.

10.  Practically Seventeen by Rosamund du Jardin
This was the book that made me realize there were still good books left in the world.  Thank you, Mommy Darling!  After reading a bunch of not very good books from the Summer Reading Program one year, they were junk, junk, mostly junk.  I was like, "There are no good books."  My Mother was like, "Here read this."  I was like, "Oh, this is a good book!  Even though the cover is awful."  This book got me back into looking for good reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!