Friday, July 7, 2017

Paige Turned by Erynn Mangum Book Review


Paige Turned, by Erynn Mangum, is the third and final book in the Paige Alder Series.
I have reviewed books ONE and TWO previously.

We start Paige Turned and not much time has passed since the end of Paige Rewritten; the ending of which, I consider a cliffhanger. The first time I read this book, I so wanted it to start RIGHT after book two.  In hindsight, I appreciate that book three doesn't start right after book two ends.  Instead, Erynn Mangum eases you back into the series and characters.

A big plot point of this book is that Paige thinks Tyler is going to break up with her, and she doesn't know why.  I love when this part of the book is over, because as much as I enjoy how it is resolved, it kind of drives me crazy.  The first time I read it, I was totally in Paige's head and like, "What is going on????!!!!!??"  The resolution is a favorite part in general, because it really brings the characters.  This part of the story reminds me of the movie Old Fashioned.

Paige Turned also has lots of wedding planning and being in a wedding stuff.  Layla and Paige's Sister, Preslee, are both getting married and Paige is a big part in both of the weddings.  I imagine it's extremely accurate, but I would not know, because I have never been a bridesmaid, or a maid of honor.  It sure was fun to read about.  I really enjoy reading about weddings, wedding dress shopping, and people freaking out over flowers and napkins.

All of the books have very Biblical themes and lessons in Christian characters growing in faith and as Christians.  The book goes into several things like forgiveness, jealousy, perfectionism, and more.

All our characters from the other books are in the this one:  Rick, Natalie and their baby, Preslee, Wes, Layla, Peter and Tyler, of course, and Paige's Parents.  I love her Mom!  She is SO funny!

I won't go much into the plot, because it's a really short book.  The literary genre is Contemporary.  This book is just a delight to read.  It's basically a romantic comedy, except better and in book form.

I would recommend​ Paige Turned for 14+ (this is technically categorized as a Young Adult book, but can be enjoyed by many younger readers, as the author makes it very appropriate even when dealing with real-life, hard things).

Because of what I am going to talk about now!!!
Spoilers!!!!! Runaway!!!!!




Tyler mentions that he previously screwed up big-time in romantic relationships, before he was a Christian; it is implied that he is not a virgin (very non-descriptive about anything at all).  Paige is the first girl he's dated since becoming a Christian, and this is why he has taken things so slow with her, especially physically.  They do not kiss until they are engaged.  It is all handled very well, and Paige says he's a new creation.  Tyler wanting to let her know about his past is why she thinks he wants to break up with her, and he's scared she'll break up with him after she knows.
Paige asks her sister, Preslee, about how her fiance deals with knowing that Preslee was not a "clean conservative girl," and when she told him about her past. She answers that he was there when she gave her testimony, and so that he knew roughly what she had done.  She says that she knows going into detail would just hurt their relationship and it's not necessary.
Paige's Mother says the first time that she ate a whole carton of ice cream was after a big fight with Paige's Father, and after she finished the ice cream, she apologized, and that was when Paige was conceived.
Brief mention of sexual temptation before marriage. *no details*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!