Saturday, July 15, 2017

Something I learned from a fly

Backstory:
I  REALLY DON'T like flies.  They are annoying and obnoxious, and I'd rather live in a world without flies.  I really dislike them and the annoyance that they cause every single summer, and occasionally a random one in the winter!  "Where do they come from when it is freezing cold outside???"  I ask, but that is not what I am going to talk about today.  Maybe I'll address that some other time, but I'll need to do more research first.

Real story (not that the other one was not real) ;)
So, a fly was driving me crazy.  I'm trying to get my food, and I was quite annoyed.  So, I decided to go into a room that was all dark, because as we all know, flies just want to be where the light is.  They are always chasing after the light.
And God was like, "There is something to be learned there."  And I was like crying, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I refuse to learn something from a fly, my most hated enemy and annoyance in life."
And then of course I came around.
The thing to learn from flies.
Is to be more like them.
WHATT!!!????? I hear you screaming all the way around the world.
I know, why would we want to be more like a fly?
Well, I told you earlier, they're always chasing the light, going into a dark place and finding the light there.
As Christians, we should always be chasing the light of God, because Jesus is the light of the world. We should be going into "darkness" (which is a lot of the world) and being light, well also chasing the light, and buzzing around for all the world to see.

So, yeah, I learned something from a fly.  I don't ever want to do that again.  But, I guess you can learn from anything if you can learn from a fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!